SHARE

Bookmark and Share

Monday, January 12, 2009

Crochet Inspiration

I was reading a copy of Real Living magazine and spotted a picture of a Kas Australia crocheted throw draped over the corner of a bed. It sparked a sudden revival of crochet for me.
I was already looking into paper doilies for art and decorative purposes so I guess a natural progression to 'real' crochet was on the cards.

When I used to think of crochet I thought of hippies and grandmas - not that either are bad. It was just I wasn't very into it and didn't appreciate it.

Crochet can be more than just doilies and the square patch style quilts we all had when we were young.

Below are a few Flickr Found collections I like.



Crochet can feature in artistic styles - Crocheted Guns and a Free form crochet necklace.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

2 comments:

SABALE January 12, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

que buenos tejidos y emos
http://sabaleplus.blogspot.com/

michelle January 19, 2009 at 4:08 AM  

Hey thanks for including my scarf, your blog looks lovely - I'll fave for when I have a bit more time : )

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP